Thursday 12 January 2012

Small Wonder Labs SW20+

I've had my Small Wonder Labs SW20+ kit from Dave Benson, K1SWL, for a few month's now. I haven't really been inspired to build it for some reason, but from reviews, it is supposed to be a great radio. I stuffed the circuit board a few weeks ago.

At one point, Dave, K1SWL, offered a silk screened case for the kit, but sadly this is no longer available. I thought I would have a go at reproducing the original case using bare printed circuit board stock. I am guessing the dimensions using a photo that somebody uploaded to the Internet.


So far, I think the build is going great. I intend to use my Brother labelling machine to label the controls on the bare case. Later, when the weather improves, I will paint the case with black enamel and use Letraset dry transfer lettering to make the rig look a lot nicer.

I think the completed rig will be a great companion for SOTA activations.

No comments:

Post a Comment